Tag Archives: holiday ornaments
Holiday decorations are stored 90% of the year and only accessed annually. As you take down your decorations after the holidays, consider ways to enhance the efficiency of your seasonal storage…
1 Wrap strands of lights around cardboard to prevent tangling, and then store in a plastic lidded container. Put any extension cords used with the lights in the same container to expedite next year’s holiday decorating. (image via bhg.com)
2. Fragile keepsake ornaments can be stored safely in an ornament storage box by Snapware® – Its 3 modular stackable trays with dividers separate and hold up to 48 ornaments.
3. Long rolls of gift wrap paper can be stored out of the way in a long plastic lidded box that slides easily under a bed. (Iris Gift Wrap Storage Box via irisusashop.com)
4. Store silver holiday ornaments and tableware in zippered bags and pouches formulated to prevent tarnish. They’re surprisingly affordable and offered in various sizes by SilverGuard.
5. Shred leftover gift wrap paper remnants, and use the shred to cushion fragile holiday ornaments for storage. (image via redbookmag.com)
6. Opt for lidded plastic storage totes that have straight sides rather than tapered sides, whenever possible, to maximize your available storage space. Visibly label each storage tote with a brief description of its contents for quick and easy identification. Make good use of all those little silica packets from shoe boxes by putting the silica packets inside your plastic storage containers to absorb any moisture that may occur from humidity.
I am honored to be a guest blogger today at the blog of Tobi Fairley Interior Design. Tobi’s blog is read in more than 100 countries worldwide; and she was selected as one of the ‘Top 20 Young Designers in America’ in 2009 by Traditional Home Magazine. Be sure to check it out! Continue reading